Being forced apart from his family by something far out of his control, this is the one measure John can take to protect them from the pandemic. “A lot of the managers have been asked to work as COVID nurses to help support staff and make sure all the equipment that all the direct patient caregivers have is available.” “You take it for granted that you can give your kid a hug when they’re sad, or when you get home from work and I can’t do that.” “Like” Nicole Menner on Facebook and “Follow” her on Twitter. John hasn’t been able to hug his children in weeks. A heartbreaking reality that’s become his new normal. John is nurse manager of the UHS GI labs, and has switched over to a new role as the COVID-19 crisis presents a continuously changing situation. Pittarelli visits them almost every day with a door standing in between them. “It’s a drastic measure but I feel it’s something I can do to provide a little bit of control,” he says. With these unprecedented times, John has no way of knowing when he can reunite with his family. “The kids can’t fully comprehend what’s going on, and I just have to reassure them it’s my job to keep them safe,” said Pittarelli. “We’re prepared for a surge if it comes, and we’ll just keep doing what’s necessary.” BINGHAMTON (WBNG) — Local nurse manager John Pittarelli is fighting on the coronavirus frontline, leaving him with no choice but to make a difficult, but necessary decision. For now, John’s three children have been writing him notes and cards – the only thing he can hold onto during this time. “To see the words written down, even though they’re misspelled it adds to the charm of it all, it warms my heart that my kids think like that.” Pittarelli is protecting his family from the pandemic by self-isolating, meaning he hasn’t came close to his three children in weeks. Saving lives everyday, John is a hero to more than just his kids.
To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
A stolen Brompton folding bike from a social campaign program aimed to support medical workers in the United Kingdom is reportedly being offered for purchase in Indonesia, the British manufacturer said.The London-based Brompton recently contacted local community Brompton Owner Group Indonesia (BOGI), notifying its members that a stolen bike was made available for purchase by an unauthorized seller in Indonesia in late June.In a letter sent by the company to BOGI, the Brompton team claimed that the bike had been stolen from a UK health worker.The stolen bike was designated for the company’s Wheels for Heroes campaign, which aimed to provide UK’s National Health Service (NHS) workers with 1,000 bikes to help their mobility amid the COVID-19 pandemic. With the bikes, health workers can get to work without having to take public transportation.BOGI founder Baron Martanegara posted the notification letter in the group’s Facebook group on Wednesday.“Brompton has issued an official letter and red notice statement, […] if any members have any information or have [the bike], please contact me,” he wrote in the post.Baron also posted a screenshot of a letter addressed to him from Brompton senior Asia marketing executive James Ku.“I am sending this email to kindly seek for the Indonesian Brompton communities’ support to help us identify and recover the stolen bike by spreading the message within our local community,” James wrote in the letter. Read also: Cycle of crime? Brompton bikes seized over regulatory discrepancy in IndonesiaIn Brompton’s notification letter, which was also posted by Baron, the company said the bike had a crime number report and was listed on the UK’s stolen bike register.“Please be on the lookout for any further Wheels for Heroes bike in Indonesia and don’t hesitate to contact us on this matter, all information welcomed,” the letter read.“All Wheels for Heroes bike were manufactured to contribute towards a greater cause and each bike has meaningful value for every NHS key worker and the kind funders of the bikes.”As of July, the company that it has provided over 900 NHS staff with bikes through the program, raising around 320,000 (US$402,192) pounds from over 2,000 donors, adding to the company’s initial investment of 100,000 pounds to produce the bikes.Both Baron and James did not immediately respond to The Jakarta Post’s request for comment at the time of writing.Although Brompton has yet to open an official store in Indonesia, demand for the premium bikes — with prices ranging from Rp 30 million ($2,183) to Rp 80 million — has been on the rise in the country, along with the rising popularity of folding bikes.The company has sold about 5,000 Brompton bikes to Indonesian consumers over the past three years, tempo.co reported.Topics :
Dutch pension funds with higher investment costs failed to outperform lower-cost peers last year, according to a study conducted by KAS Bank.KAS said it could find no direct correlation between management costs and absolute returns either.The bank drew its conclusions from its first cost benchmark survey, based on the quarterly reports of 40 small and medium-sized pension funds, with 1.2m participants in total, provided by regulator De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB).KAS said its benchmark study compared pension funds of comparable scale on such things as number of participants and liabilities, taking industry-wide schemes (BPFs), company pension funds (OPFs) and occupational pension funds into account. It also found that the administration costs per participant were significantly higher at company schemes than at industry-wide pension funds.Asset management costs were 11 basis points higher at OPFs than at BPFs, according to the custodian, which noted that this was 3bps higher than a recent DNB survey into the impact of scale had suggested.However, at the same time, the benchmark report confirmed that administration costs per participant at small and medium-sized schemes declined when the number of participants rose.Administration costs at OPFs were 2.7 times higher than at the usually much larger BPFs, KAS said.The bank concluded that the new pensions vehicle APF, which allows pension funds to co-operate whilst keeping their assets ring-fenced, would be important for cost-cutting.Actuarial consultant LCP, which looked at data from 2012-13, previously suggested there was no correlation between costs and investment results.However, it put the results into perspective by noting that the surveyed time frame was short term and did not take pension funds’ long-term investment horizon into account.Commenting on the findings, Robbin van Cadsand, risk and reporting project manager at KAS, said the custodian intended to extend its next survey back to 2013, 2014 and 2015 to better address pension funds’ long-term investment policies.He said KAS had assessed 20 schemes with €500m-1bn in assets and a similar number of pension funds with assets of more than €1bn.
Share 24 Views one comment Sharing is caring! Share Share NewsRegional Bahamas murder count reaches triple digits by: – September 20, 2011 Tweet Minister of National Security Tommy TurnquestNASSAU, Bahamas — The murder count in The Bahamas reached triple digits over the weekend, as five violent deaths recorded in the space of 48 hours pushed the count to a staggering 100 for the year so far.This is the highest number of murders ever recorded in a single year since records have been kept in The Bahamas.Four murders took place between Friday night and Saturday afternoon in separate incidents.Another man who was shot Thursday died in hospital on Saturday night, police confirmed.This time last year the murder count stood at 68, according to The Nassau Guardian’s records. This means that the murder count has increased by 47 percent over this time last year.Since earlier this year, some analysts predicted that there would be more than 100 murders in 2011. And with just over three months remaining in the year, that prediction will likely be realized.While pointing out that it is unfortunate that The Bahamas has recorded a murder count of 100, Minister of National Security Tommy Turnquest said on Sunday that, were it not for certain crime-fighting initiatives the Ingraham administration put in place the situation could have been a lot worse.During an interview with The Nassau Guardian, Turnquest was asked whether the government was contemplating seeking help from foreign law enforcement agencies.“We haven’t at this stage,” he said. “We have a very well trained police force. The problem isn’t the police, in my view. We need to keep the criminals behind bars. That’s the real issue.”He pointed to initiatives put in place by the Ingraham administration geared at speeding up the administration of justice and addressing the crime problem.Turnquest said the electronic monitoring program had a positive impact on crime, as did the government’s decision to provide the police with additional resources, including manpower.But the opposition has accused the Ingraham administration of failing dismally on crime.At a press conference on Thursday, Progressive Liberal Party leader Perry Christie restated his position that the current administration has not done enough to address the issue of violent crime, especially murder, calling the Ingraham administration’s position on the issue “paralyzed” and “indifferent”.“Bahamians understand that crime is a national issue, even if some of their government officials seem to be slow to understand what is happening,” Christie said.By Krystel Rolle, Nassau Guardian Staff ReporterandCandia Dames, Nassau Guardian News Editor
BROOKVILLE, Ind. — On Halloween, the Franklin County High School FCCLA girls went Trick or Treating for a good cause.The Family, Careers and Community Leaders of America collected can goods from nearby area homes, and donated them to the Southeastern Indiana Economic Opportunity Corporation.The girls were able to collect several hundred can goods in grocery bags.
Aston Villa midfielder Gary Gardner has signed a new three-year contract with the club. Sherwood has decided to extend Gardner’s stay with the club, with the player having been on Villa’s books since the age of seven. “I am delighted to sign this new deal and extend my time with this great club,” Gardner told the club’s official website, avfc.co.uk. “I am looking forward to working with the gaffer going forward and being someone he can turn to and do a job for the team. “I enjoyed my time on loan but now I’m determined to make an impact this season with Villa and show everyone what I’m capable of.” Gardner made his Villa debut as a substitute in a 3-1 away win at Chelsea in December 2011 and has since gone on to feature 18 times for the first team. Including loan spells with Coventry, Sheffield Wednesday, Brighton and Forest, he has played more than 60 first-team matches. Gardner, currently sidelined through injury, was into the final 12 months of his existing deal. The 23-year-old spent last season on loan at Sky Bet Championship clubs Brighton and Nottingham Forest in the Championship, before returning to Villa Park to be assessed by boss Tim Sherwood ahead of the current campaign. Press Association
However, there are still some areas of concern. Ambati Rayudu has failed with the bat and is not bowling due to his action deemed suspect, faces immense pressure. Dhawan, speaking in the pre-match press conference, has admitted that the absence of Hardik Pandya has disturbed the balance of the team. With Pandya not present and with the likes of Khaleel Ahmed and Mohammed Siraj struggling in both the games, Kohli might be tempted to hand a game to Yuzvendra Chahal and hand a debut to Vijay Shankar. In order to fill the fifth bowler’s slot, Kohli could go for Kedar Jadhav, who is known to break partnerships and Shankar in order to boost the batting.Australia under pressureFor Australia, the loss in Adelaide continued their era of inconsistency. Aaron Finch, the skipper, has suffered from poor form and he has admitted that he did get bogged down. “I am little bit frustrated. I am trying to bat a little bit longer for one thing. When you are searching for runs, you can be searching for the right recipe, and over the last couple of days, I have had a look at footage. I have seen things that have worked out when I got a hundred for Australia last, and what didn’t,” Finch admitted.With Shaun Marsh showing his brilliance and with the likes of Usman Khawaja, Peter Handscomb, Marcus Stoinis and Glenn Maxwell chipping in, the Australian middle order is settled. However, the bowling is a major concern. Jason Behrendorff is in doubt for the MCG game due to a back injury and Billy Stanlake could replace him. Jhye Richardson, after his exploits in Sydney, had an off day in Adelaide but he will be the key. With Nathan Lyon struggling, Australia have roped in Adam Zampa, their best bowler in the Twenty20 Internationals.A win for Kohli will give them immense momentum for the series against New Zealand while a loss could force a rethink of their policy as time comes closer to the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.Teams:India: Virat Kohli (c), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Dinesh Karthik, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni (wk), Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Vijay Shankar.Australia: Aaron Finch (c), Alex Carey (wk), Peter Handscomb, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson, Peter Siddle, Billy Stanlake, Marcus Stoinis, Adam Zampa highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. India can become 2nd team to win a series in all formats Down UnderIndia’s last victory against Australia in Melbourne came in 2008Vijay Shankar, India all-rounder, could make his debut in the match New Delhi: During the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne in December 2018, Virat Kohli’s Indian cricket team eliminated 37 years of pain to win the match by 137 runs and ensure the Border-Gavaskar Trophy remained with India. Three weeks later, Kohli’s India is on the cusp of creating even more history. With the three-match series tied 1-1, a win for India will not only give Kohli his first bilateral ODI series win Down Under but it will make India only the second side to win a series in all three formats Down Under after South Africa. Australia, on the other hand, have not won a series since their 4-1 win against Pakistan in 2017 and they will be determined to break their rut in bilateral ODI series.The performance in Adelaide got India’s series and their quest to build momentum for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 back on track. After the blip in Sydney, the team ticked most of the boxes in the batting and bowling. Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma gave them a fast start but the match belonged to King Kohli, who reaffirmed his class with his 39th century and 24th in a chase. MS Dhoni also shut critics for the time being with a brilliant fifty, his 69th in ODIs and he showed glimpses of his finishing prowess to guide India over the line. In the bowling, Bhuvneshwar Kumar was the key as his 4/45 ensured India did not have to chase a target in excess of 300.
CANDIDATE Master, Anthony Drayton, defied a prolonged period of inactivity to retain his form and carted off the spoils in the inaugural Caribbean Chess Cup, staged in Bridgetown, Barbados, November 28 to December 3.Drayton, who once held the prestigious National Junior (chess) Championship title, participated in the senior category, the Open segment, which attracted players with less than 2100 rating points.The astute Drayton suffered a slight setback after dropping an early game to Trinidadian Frank Sears, but rebounded to win all of his other sets to amass 8 points. His nemesis, Sears, closed off the second podium spot on 7 points.Trinidadian player WIM Gabrielle Johnson occupied the third-place spot while Barbadian Phillip Corbin sealed off the prestigious positions in fourth place.Drayton is now ranked #4 with rating points of 1903. The tournament attracted 37 players from several Caribbean countries.
Share UKGC launches fourth National Lottery licence competition August 28, 2020 Winning Post: Swedish regulator pushes back on ‘Storebror’ approach to deposit limits August 24, 2020 UKGC hails ‘delivered efficiencies’ of its revamped licence maintenance service August 20, 2020 The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) has informed that Executive Director and Regulatory Operations lead Nick Tofiluk has departed the organisation to become the Chief Executive of Cyprus’ National Gaming & Casino Supervision Commission.As a UKGC executive, Tofiluk has led the UK governing body’s regulatory operations since 2007, overseeing the implementation of a number of industry-wide UK mandates, regulations and best practices.Tofiluk joins the Cypriot gaming supervision commission, as Cyprus government seeks to modernise its national gambling framework for both retail and digital enterprises.2017, has been marked as a ‘year of preparation’ by Cyprus gambling stakeholders. At the start of 2017, the Cypriot Finance Committee asked regulatory bodies to review the ‘effective monopoly’ position of Greek gambling operator OPAP, which has acted as Cyprus’ lead betting operator since 1969.Further to a review of market conditions, Cyprus’ National Betting Authority opened its initial application window for online betting operator licenses, allowing international operators to indicate interest in joining its regulated market.At a retail level, Cyprus is proceeding with its planned €500 million Melco ‘casino resort enterprise project’ which will see the development of Europe’s largest casino resort based in the Capital City of Nicosia. Share Submit Related Articles StumbleUpon