Peru and the United States are engaging in coordination in order to respond to the possible presence of international terrorist organizations in the region, General Douglas Fraser, the commander of the U.S. Southern Command, said following a meeting with Peruvian President Ollanta Humala. According to Gen. Fraser, from a regional perspective, there is concern about the presence of one of those transnational organizations. “I don’t see any concern about this here in Peru, but since they are organizations of international terrorists, we should definitely keep a close watch on them in order to prevent any surprises,” he said at a brief press conference at the Government Palace, speaking through an interpreter. Gen. Fraser noted that he had a dialogue with President Humala about the way to provide support in response to the probable presence of international criminal organizations, which he considers a threat facing the countries of Latin America. “We’re dedicated to working to face these threats together,” he said, stressing that the United States maintains “a very close relationship” with the Armed Forces of the countries of Central and South America. His objective, he added, is to work closely with Peru and the region as a whole in order to confront common challenges. “I trust that this shared effort and commitment will help to confront these transnational threats and reduce their impact in the Western Hemisphere,” he asserted. The U.S. military commander also announced that he visited the Apurimac and Ene River Valley (VRAE), in the country’s southeast, one of the areas where drug traffickers and remnants of the Shining Path organization have the greatest presence, in order to become more familiar with the problems Peru faces in this regard. By Dialogo October 07, 2011
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A homeless man has been arrested for allegedly stabbing and critically wounding another last week following a dispute in the wooded encampment in Freeport where they live, New York State police said.Ruben Ballo-Javier was charged Saturday with second-degree attempted murder.Police said the 31-year-old suspect stabbed Narcisco Cruz Vasquez, 44, five times in the chest in a homeless encampment in woodlands just north of Sunrise Highway and just west of Meadowbrook State Parkway shortly after 4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 23.The victim was taken to Nassau University Medical Center, where he is being treated for stab wounds to the center of his chest and punctures to both lungs.Ballo-Javier was ordered held without bail and is due back in Nassau County court Tuesday.Three other homeless men have died in the same stretch of woods over the past six years, including one who was murdered by another homeless man.Troopers ask anyone with information on this case to call them at 631-756-3300. All calls will be kept confidential.
continue reading » NAFCU offered its support for the NCUA’s proposed guidance that would allow credit unions to more easily hire job candidates with minor criminal records as it “ensures the safety and soundness of credit unions while extending opportunities to qualified candidates.”“NAFCU appreciates the NCUA updating its rules to reduce the number of minor criminal offenses that preclude individuals who pose a low risk to credit unions from working for, or otherwise participating in the affairs of, a credit union unless they obtain the NCUA’s written consent,” wrote Mahlet Makonnen, NAFCU’s regulatory affairs counsel, in response to the proposal. “… This proposed Second Chance IRPS improves consistency with other prudential regulators, allows credit unions to better serve their communities, and decreases the burden of the waiver application process.”The NCUA’s proposed Interpretive Ruling and Policy Statement (IRPS), or “second chance IRPS” focuses on a section of the Federal Credit Union Act that prohibits credit unions from hiring candidates that have been convicted of certain criminal offenses without NCUA Board consent. NCUA headquarters ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
In its forecast, the IATA expected the number of global air passengers to be down 55 percent year-on-year (yoy) in 2020. The figure was worse than its initial April forecast of a 46 percent decrease yoy in air passenger numbers.“Consumer confidence is depressed and not helped by the UK’s weekend decision to impose a blanket quarantine on all travelers returning from Spain. And in many parts of the world infections are still rising,” IATA director general and CEO Alexandre de Juniac said in a statement on July 28.“All of this points to a longer recovery period and more pain for the industry and the global economy.”National flag carrier Garuda Indonesia painted a rosier projection than AP II and IATA, with the airline’s analysts predicting a full rebound by 2022, according to the company’s president director Irfan Setiaputra.However, Irfan said he believed the situation would remain challenging in 2022.“Our analysts believe that a rebound in the aviation industry will take two years. However, I think it would remain challenging by that time as the [COVID-19 pandemic] has brought a seismic shift to the industry,” he said during the discussion.Garuda Indonesia posted a US$712.73 million loss in the first half of this year after booking a net profit of $24.11 million in the same period last year as the COVID-19 pandemic forced the company to cut its flight frequency, affecting the company’s revenue and profit.The airline’s total revenue in this year’s first six months nosedived 58.2 percent yoy to $917.28 million, according to the company’s financial report on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX).Read also: Garuda turns in first-half losses as pandemic hits aviationDuring the INACA discussion, Irfan said aviation consumers’ behavior would completely change for years to come, and airlines must actively adapt to the consumers’ desires and intentions in order to survive.“We can’t put our hopes on everything getting back to normal even after the COVID-19 pandemic is over. This crisis will change the way people travel and their expectations,” he said.Topics : State-owned airport operator PT Angkasa Pura (AP) II president director Muhammad Awaluddin said he expected the aviation industry to recover by mid-2023, backed by domestic flights, slightly more optimistic than the International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) projection.The IATA stated on July 28 that it expected a full recovery of global air passenger traffic by 2024, a year later than its initial estimate, due to slow virus containment in developing economies, corporate travel cuts and weak consumer confidence during the global health crisis.“The IATA and other international organizations assume that international travel will fully recover in 2024. However, I do believe that we can achieve that by mid-2023 as our market is dominated by domestic flights,” Awaluddin said during an online discussion held by the Indonesian National Air Carrier Association (INACA) on Aug. 13. AP II recorded 524 flights to and from Soekarno-Hatta International Airport on Aug. 14, amid the long weekend, a record high since the COVID-19 outbreak in March. It saw traffic of more than 45,700 passengers on that day.In comparison, Soekarno-Hatta International Airport’s flight traffic in April stood at 200 flights per day, and went down to 100 flights per day in May.“This means that air travel patterns have been restored to normal, the number of flights during the long weekend period is usually quite high,” Awaluddin said in a separate statement on Aug. 15.The continuous rise of COVID-19 cases in Indonesia has depressed the tourism and aviation sectors, as people cancel travel plans amid large-scale social restrictions (PSBB).
A growing number of emerging markets plan to issue sovereign green bonds, which could boost the wider green bonds market through national and international knock-on effects, according to the International Finance Corporation (IFC).In 2017, emerging markets raised $80m (€65.1m) from issuing green bonds, led by Fiji and Nigeria. Nations including Kenya, Ghana, Morocco and Indonesia are expected to issue in 2018, according to a report from the IFC, a sister organisation of the World Bank.The total green bond market is expected to reach $250bn in 2018.The Fiji bond had raised FJD60m (Fijian dollars; €23.8m) by March 2018, and was expected to raise another FJD40m before July 2018, the IFC said. Ariff Ali, governor of the Reserve Bank of Fiji, said in a statement released with the IFC report: “Fiji has shown that small economies under threat from climate change can deliver effective, credible and innovative ways to finance climate work.”Governments issuing green bonds to attract climate-related financing should take a leadership and role model function that would trigger both national and international knock-on effects, added the IFC’s senior financial sector specialist Aaron Levine, author of the report.“What we hope to see following [national issuance] is private sector issuances and sub-sovereign issuances,” he said.This, Levine said, could happen as a result of the establishment of climate policy that came with the issuance of green bonds. He said: “When the government takes the lead, it is really setting the policy framework direction for the whole country.”A green bond policy framework based on a long-term issuance programme required governmental and climate-related green policies, Levine explained. Policy frameworks and greater ‘certainty’ could then motivate sub-sovereign issuers and the private sector to follow suit.Recently, the IFC and Amundi closed the largest green bond fund to date at $1.4bn. Institutional investors from Sweden, France, Austria and Denmark were among the fund’s backers.
Hunter Tankers, a part of Hunter Group ASA, took delivery of the newbuilding very large crude carrier (VLCC) Hunter Laga on November 1.The vessel is the third of seven identical ECO design VLCC newbuildings being built at South Korea’s Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering.According to the sale-and-leaseback transaction revealed in early September 2019, Hunter Laga was subsequently delivered to and immediately bareboat chartered back from Ship Finance International Limited.The ship will join Hunter Atla and Hunter Saga in the Tankers International Scrubber Pool, and will start trading in the spot market.The remaining four units are scheduled for delivery between March and July 2020.All seven of the company’s VLCCs “are built to the highest standards and will be fitted with scrubbers,” Hunter Tankers said.
TVNZ One News 18 January 2019A new poll suggests there is strong public support for cafes and other businesses to block pornography websites on their in-store Wi-Fi.It comes after Starbucks Coffee rolled out an international block in this year, following consumer pressure. Some members of the public told 1 NEWS watching pornography in public had never occurred to them, another said they had “never heard of it, and that it seemed “a little unnecessary” and one person agreed people should not be watching pornography in public. Bob McCoskrie of Family First said the result was “indicative of the growing community concern over this issue”. Family First supporters went around some cafes and fast food restaurants testing if they could access pornography on the Wi-Fi, finding some blocked pornography, and some did not. Family First commissioned the poll by Curia Market Research that found 79 per cent of respondents thought there should be adult filters in place for public Wi-Fi, with 16 per cent opposed and six per cent unsure. Netsafe said there was a range of tools available that businesses can use to block content.https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/strong-public-support-cafes-other-businesses-block-porn-sites-in-store-wi-fi?variant=tb_v_1
Tweet 436 Views one comment Sharing is caring! Share Share Share Felix Baez, right, was greeted in Havana by wife Vania Ferrer and son AlejandroA Cuban doctor who recovered from Ebola after receiving experimental treatment in Switzerland has been welcomed back to Havana by relatives and officials.Felix Baez was the first of Cuba’s contingent of 250 doctors and nurses to have contracted Ebola in West Africa.He was met at Havana’s Jose Marti airport by his family and Health Minister Roberto Morales.He told reporters that he and his colleagues were committed to fighting Ebola and he hoped to return to Africa.“I will return there to finish what I started,” he said.Dr Baez fell ill in Sierra Leone and was taken to Geneva a few days later, on 20 November.At a Swiss hospital he was treated with a precursor Ebola drug, ZMapp and also given an untested Japanese flu drug.The hospital says Dr Baez has made a full recovery.Medical diplomacyThe Cuban contingent of medical workers is the largest sent by any country in the fight against the epidemic.More than 5,000 people have died in the current Ebola outbreak – almost all of them in West Africa.The contribution has won the Caribbean island international praise.It has also focused attention on Cuba’s programme of medical diplomacy.The scheme frequently deploys teams of doctors and nurses, in some cases to provide humanitarian relief, other times in exchange for cash or goods, says the BBC’s Barbara Plett Usher in Havana.Dr Baez had to be helped off the plane when he arrived in Geneva for treatment last month HealthInternationalLifestylePrint Cuban Ebola doctor returns home by: BBC News – December 8, 2014
That is according to a report in ESPN, who say that the club are aware they will be hit particularly hard financially from the coronavirus pandemic and the indefinite suspension of football in Spain.Advertisement Promoted ContentTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All TimeHere’s What Everyday Objects Look Like If Cut In Half6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny8 Interesting Unknown Facts Of Sasha ObamaCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtThe Best Cars Of All TimeIs This The Most Delicious Food In The World? Read Also: Drogba joins effort to distribute aid to poor in Ivory CoastTwo players will already be arriving at the Camp Nou this summer – forward Francisco Trincao is arriving from Braga in a €31m deal while teenager Pedri is joining from Las Palmas in a €5m agreement.It has also been widely reported that Inter striker Lautaro Martinez is a prime target for the Blaugrana along with multiple links with a return for Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Barcelona are preparing a summer clearout of their playing squad with Lionel Messi, Marc-Andre Ter Stegen and Frenkie de Jong the only players who are safe. It follows an interview with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu with Diario Sport at the end of March in which he said that the club would still be able to attain any transfer targets they wanted, despite the financial uncertainty. In addition to all clubs having no income from matchdays, football’s elite clubs have been hit even more as they have no income from their global merchandising or their stadium tours and museums.
Some countries are experiencing a resurgence in infections, leading authorities to partially reinstate lockdowns, in what experts say could be a recurring pattern in the coming months and into 2021. (Reuters) The figure is roughly double the number of severe influenza illnesses recorded annually, according to the World Health Organisation. BEIJING – Global coronavirus cases exceeded 10 million on Sunday according to a Reuters tally, marking a major milestone in the spread of the respiratory disease that has so far killed almost half a million people in seven months. A healthcare worker collects a swab sample from a man during a check-up camp for the coronavirus disease, in Mumbai, India, June 26, 2020. REUTERS/Francis Mascarenhas The milestone comes as many hard-hit countries are easing lockdowns while making extensive alterations to work and social life that could last for a year or more until a vaccine is available.