Twenty seven License D soccer coaches last Tuesday completed CAF License C and received certificates of participation, at the Antoinette Tubman Stadium.CAF Coaching Instructors Francis A. Tamba and Henry Brown prepared and tested the twenty seven coaches to accumulate 120hours training time and 40hours examination time. The original number was 28 but one coach did not complete the course. The course began on April 20 to May 14, 2014.Apart from the examination, the coaches each made oral presentations, and made theoretical and practical presentation of team preparation, as well as information on team and players’ psychology.After the 120hours preparation, CAF mandated two of their newly promoted Elite Coaching Instructors and Assessors, meaning Tamba and Brown to carry out the examination.Previously or before the two men were promoted, the examination part had always been done by CAF Elite Instructors and Assessors from Ghana and Nigeria.Though there was lacked of materials and financial support from the Liberia Football Association, the twenty seven coaches remained focus and kept at the training.The two CAF Instructors said the test results would be sent to CAF in Cairo, Egypt and after further examination of the performances of the coaches, CAF would then determine how many of the participants deserve CAF License C.“Don’t go about announcing that you are now a License C holder,” Tamba told the participants, “but while waiting for the results of your participation use your knowledge to develop football in your community.”Brown said practical commitment to succeed is essential, “to make you stand out among the crowd and work with the LFA to ensure that the fundamental information about the sports is taught to players under your control.” LFA Secretary General B. Alphonso Armah expressed the association’s appreciation for the commitment shown by the coaches and assured them of its support.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Minister of State Joseph Harmon reiterated Government’s intention to decentralise Government services, as he turned the sod for the construction of the Guyana Lands and Surveys Commission’s (GLSC) new office in New Amsterdam, in Region Six (East Berbice-Corentyne).At a simple ceremony held at the location secured for the projected $30.8 million construction project, Minister Harmon said Government has a responsibility to ensure that all services of the State are available to all the people of Guyana, regardless of geographic location, political affiliation or any other factor.Minister Harmon also addressed the staff of the Commission present, noting that the new building should not be about the office space for the staff and convenience but more importantly, it should represent the quality of service, which the people of Guyana have a right to expect from the public service.With the construction of the new building in New Amsterdam, the Commission expects that the Board of Directors will now be able to take its meetings to the various locations to interact more with the residents of the areas.Meanwhile, Regional Chairman, David Armogan, in brief comments, said the event marks a very important development in the region, especially since the region has a number of issues that have to be dealt with by that Commission.“There is need now because as we all know there are very many issues relating to land in this region and records and so has to be kept properly. So I’m very happy that this building is about to go up. This is a nice spot here I believe and that this I’m sure is not too far away from what is the busy area in New Amsterdam. So I await the completion of the building, so that better services could be provided to the people of Region Six,” Armogan noted.After the sod turning exercise, Minister Harmon planted a Poui tree, which he said, is hoped to be the first of many to be planted there.
A local businessman has won an Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. Randy Gee, President of Randy Gee Holdings, won the Prairie Region award in the ‘business-to-business products and services’ category.Gee has owned a variety of companies, that currently includes North Cariboo Air, an airline which primarily serves the oil and gas industry. – Advertisement -The Ernst and Young Awards honour business leaders that foster innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit. The overall winner of the award was Packers Plus Energy Services Inc. Representatives from that company will travel to Vancouver in November to compete for the title of Canada’s Entrepreneur Of The Year 2009.To see a previous story on Gee’s nomination, Click Here. Advertisement
WASHINGTON – President George W. Bush, facing criticism that he has ignored Latin America, said Monday that the region’s grinding poverty is a scandal that has caused some to question the value of democracy. He said the United States will spend tens of millions of dollars to improve education, housing and health care across the region. “The United States of America is committed to helping people rise out of poverty,” the president said. Many children in Latin America do not finish grade school and many mothers never see a doctor, Bush said in a speech at the Ronald Reagan Building to about 400 invited guests, most of them members of the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. “In an age of growing prosperity and abundance, this is a scandal and it is a challenge,” Bush said. The speech came three days before the president leaves on a weeklong trip to Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, Guatemala and Mexico. National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley said Bush’s efforts in Latin America have been overshadowed by the global War on Terror, the fight against illegal drug trafficking and trade issues. “It’s something we have not done well enough, getting out the full scope of the president’s message,” Hadley said at a briefing before the president’s address. Since taking office, Bush has doubled U.S. foreign assistance to Latin America to about $1.6 billion a year. The money includes development assistance, military assistance and counternarcotic assistance. Colombia is the largest recipient of U.S. aid outside the Middle East and Afghanistan, with most of the money earmarked for anti-drug efforts. Bush announced a series of steps to help the region: A Navy medical ship, the Comfort, will make port calls in Belize, Guatemala, Panama, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Haiti, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana and Suriname. Its staff will treat 85,000 patients and conduct up to 1,500 surgeries. Other military medical teams will provide medical care through 62 medical readiness training exercises in 14 countries. A health care professional training center will be established in Panama to serve all of Central America, training students to be nurses, technicians and health care workers. The United States will commit $75 million over three years to help thousands of young people improve their English and study in the United States. Over the past three years, the United States has provided $150 million on education programs throughout the region. A program to make housing more affordable will be expanded with an additional $385 million. The United States already has provided more than $100 million through the Overseas Private Investment Corp. to help underwrite mortgages to working families in Mexico, Brazil, Chile and the countries of Central America. Later this year, the administration will convene a White House conference on the Western Hemisphere, bringing together representatives from the private sector, nongovernmental organizations, faith-based groups and volunteer associations to explore more effective ways to deliver aid. Peter DeShazo, who oversaw Western Hemisphere affairs for the State Department until last year, said Bush’s trip is intended to offset “the widespread perception that the U.S. has shown little attention” to the region.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
“If there in fact was another conspirator, I am absolutely convinced that we would have been able to identify him through the telephone (records) and through other investigation that we did which was exhaustive,” he said. Kennedy, 69, retired from the agency in 1997.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! OKLAHOMA CITY – A team of FBI agents that re-examined the Oklahoma City bombing after a resurgence in conspiracy theories uncovered no new reliable leads, the man who initially supervised the bureau’s investigation told a newspaper. In his new memoir, “On-Scene Commander,” former FBI deputy director Weldon Kennedy criticizes those who believe federal authorities did not find all the people involved in the terrorist attack’s planning. He spoke to The Oklahoman newspaper for a story in Saturday’s editions. “There’s no possible way there were other conspirators,” Kennedy wrote. “I can say with total confidence that we identified all three conspirators in the case and arrested them.” The bomber, Timothy McVeigh, was executed in 2001. Of his friends linked to the case, Terry Nichols is serving life in federal prison for his role in the attack and Michael Fortier spent years in prison for his crimes before being released last year. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat KingsKennedy oversaw the agency’s probe during the first couple of months after the April 19, 1995, attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building near downtown Oklahoma City. He also served as spokesman for the FBI at news conferences. He told the newspaper that he learned of the re-examination of the bombing, which killed 168, “through my continuing association with contemporaries in the FBI and so forth.” “I’ve not seen any of the documents … but I’m told that that review was very comprehensive and quite conclusive that there was … no lead, no avenue unexplored, in the entire case,” he said. In his book, Kennedy wrote that the mysterious “John Doe No. 2” turned out to be “someone’s memory playing tricks on him.” FBI sketches of “John Doe No. 2” were released worldwide after witnesses said that man was with McVeigh when the bomb truck was rented in Junction City, Kan. Kennedy said he is certain there are no others involved in the bombing because McVeigh and Nichols used a telephone calling card – purchased under a fake name – in their plot to find bombing materials and to keep in contact. The FBI was able to track where the two called.
Reiss Nelson has signed a new contract with Arsenal and joined Hoffenheim on a season-long loan.The 18-year-old winger is rated as one of the north London club’s brightest prospects. 1 possible standings Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade REVEALED How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars REVEALED Latest Premier League News He made his Premier League bow last season and made 16 appearances all competitions in 2017/18.Nelson’s previous contract was due to expire next year and there had been fears he would reject the offer of an extension.But Arsenal confirmed on Friday that the teenager has penned a new long-term deal.Nelson will now link up with Bundesliga side Hoffenheim, with Gunners boss Unai Emery believing the move will be of big benefit to his career.Emery said: “Reiss is a talented young player and we’re pleased that he has signed a new contract with us.“This move to Hoffenheim will give him the chance to get regular high-level competition in the Bundesliga and is an important step in his development.” gameday cracker Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card huge blow tense Green reveals how he confronted Sarri after Chelsea’s 6-0 defeat at Man City England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won shining Reiss Nelson in action for Arsenal during pre-season silverware no dice smart causal Boxing Day fixtures: All nine Premier League games live on talkSPORT On his new contract, Nelson said: “I’m delighted. It’s been a long time coming now, so I’m just happy everything’s sorted out and I can sign a contract for a great club.“It’s my boyhood club. From a young age, from about eight years old, I’ve been supporting the club.“The likes of Thierry Henry have encouraged me as well, so ever since then I’ve just loved the club and really fallen in love with it.”Nelson is the latest young Englishman to try their luck in Germany, and says he is excited to get going at Hoffenheim after speaking to his close friend and Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho.He will wear the number nine shirt for Julian Nagelsmann’s side.“He said that it’s very rough and very competitive, but he [Sancho] says that I’ll enjoy it,” Nelson said. “He said to just play my game and I’ll be fine.“I’m very excited. They’ve got a great manager out there as well, so I just can’t wait to get on the pitch and do what I can do, and show everyone what I can do.”
Donegal captain Michael Murphy has admitted all the players and management are giving everything they can to ensure they can overcome Dublin this Sunday and reach another All-Ireland final.Murphy admits no stone is being left unturned in their quest to bring the All-Ireland title they relinquished last year back to the hills. To watch the video simply click play on the video above.DDTV: COUNTDOWN TO CROKER – MURPHY “EVERYBODY’S PUTTING THE SHOULDER TO THE WHEEL” was last modified: August 24th, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:ddtv newsdonegalMichael MurphySport
There is no better way to get into the festive spirit this year than to visit a local Christmas Bazaar.They’re truly magical places that make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside with fairy lights, Christmas decorations, festive stalls, raffles and delicious treats!Two of the favourite annual Christmas Bazaars taking place across Inishowen this year will be in the Colgan Hall, Carndonagh from 8pm on Tuesday 3rd December and in the Malin Head Community Centre from 2pm on Sunday December 8th 2019. Supervisor at Colgan Hall Community and Resource Centre, Jeanette Longwill, said the annual Christmas Bazaar in the Colgan Hall is our main fundraising event of the year – and one of the best in Inishowen!“Final preparations are currently under way with our hall promising a fantastic festive event full of wonderful prizes to be won – including a Dyson V7 vacuum cleaner, 32” Smart Television, kitchen appliances, Berg Go-Kart and of course our famous hampers packed with luxury Christmas food and drink.“I’d therefore encourage as many people as possible to come along and support our event!”Manager of Malin Head Community Centre, Ali Farren added: “Our Christmas Bazaar has been on the go for almost 40 years now – and every festive season is a major fundraiser for the Malin Head Community Association. “I’d like to take this opportunity to say that our Christmas Bazaar wouldn’t be a success without the fantastic donations from our local businesses and the wonderful support of the public who always fill the hall!“All money raised from the Christmas Bazaar also importantly helps to sustain our centre and reduce our debts.”Shauna McClenaghan, Joint CEO of Inishowen Development Partnership (IDP), which has worked with both Colgan Hall and Malin Head Community Centre over the years, said Christmas Bazaars are an excellent way of showcasing local products and encouraging people to buy local.“The Christmas Bazaars in the Colgan Hall and Malin Head Community Centre this year promise to be great family events and the perfect way to start the festive season”, she said.“Importantly, Christmas Bazaars across the Inishowen peninsula are growing from strength to strength and are such a welcome addition to our festive calendar. “Indeed, they are not only providing a great opportunity for people to buy a wide range of festive gifts and sample local produce, but also to meet up with family and friends and win some fantastic prizes!“They’re also a magical mix of all things Christmas whilst at the same time supporting local community groups, businesses and craft producers.“I’m therefore looking forward to seeing the community come out to support our local bazaars this year which are guaranteed to be great festive celebrations for the whole family to enjoy!”For further information on this year’s Christmas Bazaars and events over the festive season in the Colgan Hall and the Malin Head Community Centre find us on Facebook @colgan.hall and @malinheadcommunity How bazaar! Inishowen has some of the best ones for Christmas was last modified: November 28th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Arcata >> Calling it an impressive performance would be an understatement.On Saturday, the fourth-seeded Tigers, on the strength of forward Kaylie McCracken’s 19 points and a staunch zone defense, caged the No. 5 Half Moon Bay Cougars 58-36 in a NorCal Championships Division IV quarterfinal game.“Tonight was just a great team effort,” Arcata head coach Dusty Scofield said after the game. “We’ve been preaching all year to get after it defensively. I feel like tonight we can say that we were …