National junior golfer, Tristan Brown, despite dominating with 15 consecutive wins over the last two years, is looking to continue his transition as a champion golfer.The former Dunrobin Prep student was unbeatable on the local circuit between age 11-12.Now a 13-year-old Jamaica College student, Brown says he is looking to continue winning tournaments locally and regionally.”I have been playing at the national level for two years. I made the team for those two years and it’s been a good experience going around and playing golf at a high level,” Brown shared in an interview.The quiet but outstanding young golfer has made his name as an elite junior golfer.Brown, while not playing at his best, was again in command to card a comfortable victory at the recent SANTA charity golf tournament.He won the Boys Red tees category with a score of 84.”I can do better. It has been a good experience for those two years, and I hope to improve always,” he told The Gleaner.Brown, who keeps notching up win after win, will have no time to settle as he is expected to travel overseas for a tournament early next year.Ahead of match four in the Jamaica Golf Association (JGA) series, which could land him yet another title, the JC student notes that he is putting in the work at every opportunity.”At JC; there is a little golf range for my benefit of practising because from school to the golf course, it takes a lot of time to travel, so I got a little group together who have a little passion to practise, and get better,” Brown outlined.The youngster will turn his attention to the national trials soon, a challenge that he hopes will help his game improve.”I would like to see my game playing under par, 60s golf and being focused all through and not making simple mistakes,” said Brown.”It takes a lot of work, early Saturday mornings, and mental strength, and a lot of playing. The persons in my age group now, from last year they have improved, they have better scores so I am moving on to the age 14-16 age group next year and I want to be on top of this age group,” he added.
Sadio Mane 1 Ronald Koeman claims not even £100million would be enough to tempt Southampton to sell Sadio Mane – or any of their other stars – this January.The 23-year-old has shone in the 15 months since swapping Red Bull Salzburg for Saints in a £10million deal.It led to strong interest from Manchester United in the summer and the likes of Bayern Munich and Paris Saint Germain are amongst the high-profile clubs monitoring Mane.However, Saints boss Koeman says there is no chance that the Senegal winger, or anyone else, will be leaving when the transfer window re-opens.“No, no, not in January,” he said.“Already we spoke about that situation and we sell nobody in January.“Nobody, even when they pay £100million.”