Taman Sumenep, a public park in Menteng, Central Jakarta, is ready to be enjoyed by Jakartans after the administration concluded a four-month extensive renovation of the park in February.During The Jakarta Post’s visit on Feb. 20, a new “Sumenep Promenade” sign had been installed at the main entrance to the park. Jogging tracks and two sets of fitness equipment could also be found at the center of the park.“Basically, as the renovation of the park is finished, visitors can enjoy the park starting from this month,” Mila Ananda, the Central Jakarta Park and Forestry Agency head, told the Post.“We are not going to restrict visitors from using the many facilities at the park, as they’re for everyone to enjoy,” she added.Situated among a grove of high-rise buildings, the 4,000 square meter Sumenep Park stretches alongs… Google Topics : Facebook LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Log in with your social account Forgot Password ? Linkedin Sumenep Taman-Sumenep Menteng Central-Jakarta Jakarta-public-parks
China has bristled at widespread global criticism of the law and Australia’s move to provide safe haven to some Hong Kong citizens was expected to worsen already rising tensions between the two.Beijing in recent months has imposed tariffs on some Australian imports and impeded trade in other key commodities in response to Australian steps to counter Chinese interference in the country.China, Australia’s biggest trade partner and a competitor for influence in the Pacific, was notably infuriated when Canberra led calls for a probe into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic.New Zealand is also reviewing its relationship with Hong Kong because of the new law, Foreign Minister Winston Peters said, “including extradition arrangements, controls on exports of strategic goods, and travel advice”. “Australia is adjusting its laws, our sovereign laws, our sovereign immigration program, things that we have responsibility for and jurisdiction over, to reflect the changes that we’re seeing take place there,” he said during a press conference.Foreign Minister Marise Payne said China’s moves in Hong Kong were discussed earlier Thursday with Australia’s so-called “Five Eyes” security partners — New Zealand, the United States, Britain, and Canada.Morrison’s announcement came a day after China opened a new office in Hong Kong for its security agents to oversee implementation of the law targeting acts of subversion, secession, terrorism and foreign collusion.The law, which followed sometimes-violent pro-democracy protests, is the most radical change in Hong Kong’s freedoms since Britain handed the city back to China in 1997 under an agreement designed to preserve its freedoms for 50 years. Australia on Thursday offered pathways to permanent residency for thousands of people from Hong Kong, in a risky challenge to China over its crackdown on dissent in the city.Prime Minister Scott Morrison said his government was also suspending its extradition agreement with the city and in addition to extending the visas of 10,000 Hong Kongers already in the country, threw open the door to thousands more to start a new life Down Under.Morrison said the decisions were taken in response to the imposition by China last week of a tough new security law in Hong Kong, which he said “constitutes a fundamental change of circumstances” for the semi-autonomous territory. Topics : Permanent residency pathway Morrison brushed aside questions about whether the challenge over Hong Kong would likely lead to further Chinese retaliation.”We will make decisions about what’s in our interests, and we will make decisions about our laws and our advisories, and we will do that rationally and soberly and consistently,” he said.Under the new measures, 10,000 Hong Kong citizens and residents in Australia on student or temporary work visas will be allowed to remain in the country for an additional five years.”If you’re a temporary visa holder, your visa will be extended to an additional five years from today, in addition to the time you’ve already been in Australia, with a pathway to permanent residency at the end of that period,” Morrison said.The five-year visa and possible permanent residency were also offered to Hong Kong entrepreneurs or skilled workers who wish to relocate to Australia in the future.”If there are businesses that wish to relocate to Australia, creating jobs, bringing investment, creating opportunities for Australia, then we will be very proactive in seeking to encourage that,” he said.The move echoed Australia’s response to the 1989 Tiananmen Square crackdown when Canberra offered refuge to thousands of Chinese students and their families.But it contrasts with the current conservative government’s policy of restricting immigration.Morrison said he did not expect a rush of new visa applications from Hong Kongers, in part due to coronavirus travel restrictions.And he added that it would be “very disappointing” if China tried to prevent Hong Kong citizens from taking advantage of the offer.Australia has already warned its citizens of the risk of detention under the new security law.Shortly before Morrison’s announcement, the foreign ministry warned Australians in Hong Kong of the risk of detention under the new security law.
William “Fred” Frederick Clark, 73, a lifelong resident of Greensburg, went to meet our Lord and Savior on June 20, 2019, at 11:15 pm, at Aspen Place due to complications of multiple sclerosis. Fred was born in Decatur County on May 6, 1946 to parents Francis and Carol (Ferris) Clark.Fred attended Sandcreek Elementary School, was a 1964 graduate of Greensburg High School, and a 1968 graduate of Purdue University with a degree in agriculture. He grew up and resided on the farm that has been in the Clark name for 100 years. He took great pride in farming the same ground his father and grandfather worked before him. Fred owned all red equipment (International Harvester), and was especially proud of his Farmall Super H tractor. He was a faithful member of the Liberty Baptist Church since childhood. Fred has served as Sunday School superintendent, Sunday School treasurer, and church treasurer. Fred enjoyed listening to the radio for local news, local boy’s basketball, Purdue football and basketball, Reds baseball. He loved talking family history whether his own or whoever he was conversing.Fred was married to his long-time sweetheart, Brenda Coombs, on August 1, 1971, almost 48 years. Along with his wife, Fred is survived by daughter and son-in-law, Anita (Ryan) Lawrence and grandson, Miles Lawrence; mother-in-law, Mary Coombs; brother-in-law, Roger (Mary) Coombs; and three nieces. He was predeceased by parents and father-in-law, Gayle Coombs.Visitation for family and friends will be held at the Gilliland-Howe Funeral Home on Tuesday, June 25, 2019 from 4:00pm – 7:00pm. Funeral Service will be Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 11:00am, also at the funeral home. Rev. David Blazier will be officiating. Burial will be at South Park Cemetery. Memorial contributions can be made to Liberty Baptist Church. Online condolences can be made to the family at www.gilliland-howe.com
Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race at Pocono Raceway was scheduled for a start time of 2 p.m. ET. Now the race will actually start at 2 p.m. ET.Even though NASCAR scheduled a start time of 2 p.m. ET for the Pocono 400, the green flag was not scheduled to wave until 2:12 p.m. ET. Due to the threat of storms in the area Sunday, NASCAR moved the green flag time up to 2 p.m. ET. MORE: Watch the Pocono 400 live with fuboTV (7-day trial)The command to start engines for Sunday’s Pocono 400 was moved up to 1:49 p.m. ET, according to NBC Sports, with the invocation scheduled for 1:42 p.m. ET and the national anthem scheduled for 1:43 p.m. ET.Though NASCAR moved the start time for Sunday’s race up to 2 p.m. ET, that happens to be the time isolated thunderstorms were forecasted to impact Pocono, according to weather.com. There was only a 35 percent chance of precipitation at 2 p.m. ET. However, that chance jumped to 75 percent at 3 p.m. ET, with thunderstorms being forecasted in the Pocono area until roughly 9 p.m. ET.According to AccuWeather, the forecasted storms “could move into the area right around or shortly after the race’s scheduled start time of 2 p.m. ET. Any storm that wanders over the track will not only bring lightning dangers and a delay to the race, but also torrential downpours and the threat of damaging winds.” The 2 p.m. ET start time for Sunday’s Pocono 400 signals the first day race in almost a month for the NASCAR Cup Series. As for the TV channel, the NASCAR Cup Series returns to FS1 after last week’s race on FOX.In addition to the TV coverage on FS1, Sunday’s Pocono 400 is available via live stream through FOX Sports Go or fuboTV. New fuboTV users can sign up with a seven-day free trial.William Byron will start on pole for the third time this season in Sunday’s race at Pocono. Kyle Busch and Clint Bowyer qualified second and third, respectively. The full starting lineup can be found here.